Friday, 12 September 2014

Hi everybody!

This is first message in this blog, and I would like to start from the very beginning...

Thanks my prof Tom Supra this blog was born. Actually this is a part of the program that I take in GBC. And as a part of practice I should write about my CO-OP practice this summer.

This summer my group mates and me had an opportunity to work in many different Canadian organisations. Some of them were working in places they like, and some of them not... I'm lucky to say that I had job I liked to do.

My CO-OP was running with Ukrainian Canadian Social Services (Toronto) Inc. Should I tell you how I made this chose? I think so. On one hand there was an opportunity to work in some other organisations, however that organizations from my chose list didn't have any connection to my native land.

So little bit about UCSS(T). This is nonprofit organization that is helping Ukrainians in Canada, and in GTA specifically. In conditions of new language and new mentality many new comers need support. UCSS (T) Is a light at the end of the tonal not only for newcomers, but also for people who is long time being to Canada and still in a process of adaptation. How we did it you can find on the UCSS(T)'s website: http://tor.ucss.info/

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great organization helping people settle into Canada. I have some Ukrainian blood in me too...

    ReplyDelete